Tuesday, December 18, 2007

imprinting



I think I need to start shooting in film. None of my pictures ever look like this. And it's not because I haven't dressed up my neighbors in nightgowns and garden tools and put them in front of burning heaps of refuse (like you haven't). My lighting doesn't look like this. My color doesn't look like this. Nothing comes out looking cool and grainy and perfectly modernly intentionally bright. No. What I get are shots that would almost look good if they weren't so washed out and flat and sharp (that's right, flat and sharp. At the same time. Not pretty) and then mashed into super saturated fake cracked out color clumsily applied in the crude format of iPhoto because I'm clearly not even cool enough to have Photoshop. I'm such a sad, sad loser and totally unworthy of my secret photographic aspirations.



Photos by: Cig Harvey