Sunday, April 27, 2008

adios

Sometimes life is so f-ing beautiful and lovely that it seems like the only thing you can do is stick your head in the toilet. Just to get some perspective.


On Friday Andy was being a little irrational totally insane kind of complete f'er particularly special kind of human such that while standing in the driveway, talking on the phone with the insurance companies, I had no other choice but to flip him off. Because I'm classy like that and really believe in communicating my feelings. Later in the afternoon I looked him in the eyes and apologized for giving him the finger. It's just that, it was because I wanted to punch him in the face.

And so is the end of our little lives in Santa Cruz. We've said our goodbyes, I've doubled my body weight in huevos rancheros and halved my Time To Full Body Face Lift. Andy got poison oak in an assortment of places that usually go along with the words: and that's when I realized it was poison oak and not, say, that barmaid in Bulgaria. And can I just say how it never ceases to amaze me how many people get poison oak in places only Bavarian barmaids and a few well trained physicians are normally privy to and that all it takes is one person to open up the conversation for everyone and before you know it you're openly discussing (in depth!) someone else's genitalia and I've just never gotten comfortable hearing the words my vagina in casual cocktail conversation?