Monday, January 14, 2008

za za gabore

As if the cow(s) weren't enough. Really. This is bordering on pathological. This morning, instead of, oh, I don't know...reading the third Internal Medicine text I've purchased now under the auspices of both Board Review and Not Looking Like a Total Jackass Every Morning During Rounds I am, instead, looking at horses for sale in New Hampshire.

Why lord, why?

Why did you plague me with such a dogged, obsessed brain? Because you know what? It's not
just the horses. Or the cows. Or the three sheep I keep threatening to obtain. Or the farm house we're going to put them all in. Assuming I don't actually expire from the cold or get sucked into a mud pit and thereby proclaim that our own little episode of Green Acres is officially fin, it will never just be cows. Or the horses. Or the sheep. I can assure you. Soon it will be the green house. And the garden. And the organic vegetable patch. And the tractor. And the 3,000 bulbs I want to plant every winter and the stalls and training for my highly anticipated Olympic return to Stadium Jumping (snort) and not, say, my red hot career as Pediatric-Neonatal-Internal Medicine-Emergency-Oncology bad ass PA.

Underscored completely by the fact that it is now 7:15am and I have yet to leave the house. Maybe this New Hampshire business is a bad plan. Staying in New York where the only significant distractions are my close proximity to Aveda and J. Crew may not be so devestating after all.